In the U.S, the number of people who undergo root canal therapy on a daily basis is growing continuously. The treatment is a great alternative for those whose teeth can no longer be saved with a dental filling. The procedure involves the removal of the infected pulp inside the tooth. When the damaged are already eliminated, the natural tooth will then be restored and rescued from further deterioration.
If you are still hesitant to undergo root canal treatment due to the fear of pain and discomfort associated with it, worry no more! Today’s advancement in the field of dentistry gives us at Dental Savers at Mayfair a chance to perform the procedure in the most comfortable and pain-free way possible. We aim to help patients preserve their natural teeth through root canal treatment. Nevertheless, for it to become successful, the cooperation of both the dentist and patients are necessary.
What to do after the treatment?
A root canal treatment is a type of procedure that always guarantees an optimum outcome. Since the therapy itself has something to do with the tooth structure, good aftercare is essential. Speedy and effective recovery is possible as soon as you follow these following tips:
- After the whole root canal process, the dental professional may suggest a dental crown to keep the newly treated tooth protected and free from any damage. Make sure that you comply with your dentist’s recommendations.
- When brushing the teeth, be careful enough to avoid hurting the treated area.
- Chewing on the affected side can aggravate stress. Make sure to avoid using this specific part of the mouth until the crown is placed.
- Keep in mind that hard foods can put temporary fillings at risk. It is better to get rid of crunchy treats while waiting for the final restoration.
- If you are experiencing unbearable pain or discomfort during the first few days after the therapy, you can ask the dentist for some pain reliever.
If you have questions regarding root canal treatment, you may talk to us at Dental Savers at Mayfair. We can help you with your dental needs.
For more information about Root Canal Treatment in Philadelphia, PA, be sure to contact Dental Savers at Mayfair today. Our entire team looks forward to meeting you in person and helping you achieve the best possible dental health results.